Had Myringoplasty. Having cold due to weather change. Advise do's and dont's?

I recently had myringoplasty on 9th oct. My doctor strictly advised that should not have cold. Yesterday i caught cold due to sudden weather change. And my doctor is abroad for 2 weeks. Plz advise some do's and dont's. And if there is a subscription
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Steam inhalation...

Detailed Answer:

I am sure your doctor would have meant not to take any food/drink that are cold and refrigerated.

Now about your current problem, it's good that you are not running fever. In this circumstance I suggest you to perform steam inhalation three times a day. It will prevent nasal inflammation to spread to your ears. Along with it, I would add oral antihistamines such as levocetrizine once a day and nasal decongestant drops for additional benefits.

You can visit a doctor nearby and get the listed medications prescribed.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Had Myringoplasty. Having cold due to weather change. Advise do's and dont's? 17 minutes later
Oh yes doctor i do not have fever . Thank u for ur advice.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome...

Detailed Answer:
Take care...

If all your questions are answered, please close this discussion.

Wish you a speedy recovery...