Had Microvascular Decompression surgery. Have headache after hitting head. Should I be worried?

Nov 2013

Hi, I had Microvascular Decompression surgery October 7th. I just hit my head on the corner of my desk on the side I had surgery. It felt like I hit directly on the spot they burred the hole and repaired. I now have a mild headache and it's tender and soft where I hit.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: There is no need to worry about that Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. The surgical wound completely heals in 7-10 days. So, considering that it is about 20+ days since your surgery, we can assume that the wound has completely healed in your case. So, the current incident does not pose any risk to you. Mild pain and headache can occur after injury just like in a person without surgery, and would go away in a few days. You may take analgesics such as ibuprofen, if necessary. I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: