Had LAVH hysterectomy for endometriosis. Stomach pain and bleeding while having intercourse. Any thoughts?

Hello, my name is Alicia, I'm 25 and I had a LAVH hysterectomy BSO on July 26, 2013 for endometriosis. After my 6 week check up which was actually at seven weeks I was cleared by my doctor and after having intercourse with my husband I was having a substantial amount of blood and stomach pain, it also hurt to sit down or urinate. I went back to the doctor two weeks later and she put silver nitrate on the vaginal incision where she thought that one little spot of tissue might have over grown. Since then we had intercourse and just a little tiny bit of spotting maybe, if any and no pain so I thought that did the trick, Well Thursday night (October 10th) we are having normal sex, no pain associated at the time, I use the restroom after and I got hit with what I thought felt like someone stabbing me in the abdomen. it was as bad, if not worse then the pain I had after my surgery. I took some pain medicine left over from my operation, slept for 3 hours then it woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep it was so bad. My husband took me to the er because it was so excruciating. The doctor there did a pelvic exam, which was horrifyingly painful, ran my blood and urine and said everything was fine that it could be from my and sent me home. I feel like there is something seriously wrong and all of these doctors keep dismissing me. I missed work yesterday and I am not going back today either (Saturday) because I am still in so much pain. Also, the pain is very similar to what it was before it is just intensified A LOT. It hurts to use the restroom and it hurts to move and especially sit straight down. They told me to follow up with my GYN but I was thinking about driving to the city to see a different one because I feel like i'm just going to get dismissed again. Any thoughts?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to endometriotc deposits.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

I feel sorry for your present state, I can understand what you are going through. After analyzing your history, I think all your present symptoms are due to ENDOMETRIOTIC DEPOSITS. Emdometriosis can infiltrate the uterosacral nerves, also the vagina and can cause severe pain. And the surgery LAVH and BSO is absolutely right procedure for severe endometriosis.

What I advise you is a review scan pelvis to rule out any other pathology causing this pain. Mainly to rule out any pelvic collection or any loculated cyst or any other mass. If the scan comes normal, then we can attribute your present symptoms to endometriosis. Usually it takes few months for all the endometriotic deposits to get atrophy and relief of symptoms.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile

Follow-up: Had LAVH hysterectomy for endometriosis. Stomach pain and bleeding while having intercourse. Any thoughts? 3 hours later
This does make sense but I do just have one question, is it normal for the deposits to only cause pain during/after intercourse? I've only had it this bad once and then one other time after intercourse as well just not as severe. I have been having a constant sort of aching/cramping like I had before my surgery all the time so that would make sense. ..
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Deep infiltrating endometrisosis can cause this

Detailed Answer:

Yes painful intercourse is a symptom of DIE (deep infiltrating endometriosis), if the infiltration is into the POD(pouch of douglos-an area deep inside between your vagina and rectum). So probably your symptoms might be due to this. Another possibility could be a SHORT VAGINA (post surgery), which sometimes pains during intercourse, which becomes alright with regular intercourse.

Just for your knowledge painful intercourse is known as DYSPAREUNIA. It is the deep dyspareunia which is commonly due to DIE.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer. Please ask if you have more questions.
If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif