Had Japanese food. Since then suffered from infection in mouth and throat. Why do I feel salty and uncomfortable in chest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
A few days ago I went to Yo Sushi restaurant and ate a range of Japanese dishes and since then I have suffered from an infection / reaction in my mouth and throat. It feels, in my mouth, like I have eaten a lot of salt ? My throat - XXXXXXX in my chest - also feels uncomfortable. Please advise.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
It seems that you have developed intolerance to the Japanese food.
There is alteration of taste and irritation in the throat.
For symptomatic relief, you can follow a few measures-
1. Take an anti allergic orally like- certrizine, fexofenadine.
2. A multivitamin supplement daily, containing the antioxidant vitamins A, C, E, the B complex vitamins, and trace minerals such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium. This will help increase your overall immunity.
3. Coenzyme Q10, 100 - 200 mg per day, for antioxidant and immune activity.
4. Have plenty of fluids orally.
5. Do a steam inhalation twice to help liquify any impacted mucus in airways.
Your symptoms are likely to improve gradually over 7-10 days. In case the symptoms are persistent or are aggravated, then you need to consult your physician for prescription medicines and steroids.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.