Had IUI and follicle study done, prescribed Duphaston. No periods after stopping tablet. How long should I wait for pregnancy test?

I had my IUI done on 22nd July 2012, and also Follicle studies were being done past few months. Normally I am prescribed to take Duphaston for 10 days, and after stopping the tablet, I have always got my periods on second day of stopping. Now its 6 days I stopped this tablet no period yet. I am hoping, for best. How long should i wait for pregnancy test?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in,
The pregnancy test needs to be done atleast 1 week after the date of your due period. So it would be in another week from now. This is usually done by a urine pregnancy test wherein you use an early morning sample of urine. You can use a urine pregnancy kit for the same.
If you want it checked earlier that, get a serum beta hCG level done. Rising levels are indicative of pregnancy.

All the best

If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.