Had IHD, mild hypertension, prediabetes. On medication. Lipid profile and tsh level normal. Can i stop taking TG Tor?

I am 70 year old man from India .I am hereunder giving the past and present case history
Past History
I had IHD in the year 1977 (T wave inversion in V1 to V6) No complications since then
Had mild Hypertension in the year 1980 (under control)
Had prediabetes in the year 2010 (IFG) (under control)
Had subclinical hypothyroidsm in 2011
Medicines now being used
Heart * (from the year 1977)
STAMLO BETA 50 MG 1 Tab a day ( Initally Inderal( 77-81), then
Aten 50 and stamlo 5 mg (81-2006) and hen Stamlobeta 50 mg (2006 to date)
ISMO 10 MG One tab Twice a day since 1996
Tg Tor 5 MG One tab Once a day after dinner since 1996
ASA 50 MG One tab a day after dinner since 1991
Type II diabets
GLYCOMET 250 MG Tab twice a day since oct2011
Sub clinical Hypothyroidism
THYRONORM 100 MCG One tab once a day since july 2011
My recent blood test results are as under:
fasting 112 post lunch 147
cholestrol 134 tryglicerides 161 HDL 40 LDL 61 and VLDL 33 and TSH 5.5
My query is since the lipid profile and tsh are in the normal levels, at least i feel like that, can i stop taking TG Tor forth with.
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 2 hours later

You are a known Ischemic heart disease (extensive anterior wall) patient with associated hypertension, hypothyroid and impair glucose tolerance. With perfect drug combination you are now well controlled from all of your problems.

About the Tg tor (atorvastatin) please make it clear that you are now having normal lipid profile report because atorvastatin make your dyslipidemia checked and if you stop taking the drug the lipid profile report will probably be again abnormal and strict control of lipid profile is a must in a 70 years old patient with Ischemic heart disease, hypothyroid and pre-diabetic patients like you.

So please don’t stop the drug without your doctor’s advice.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and please write a review.

Wish you good health.

Dr Sourav Ganguly