Had Gout in hand and wrist and getting over it. Have swollen gland under armpit. How to overcome it?

I had bad gout in my hand and wrist. It is starting to get chronic. I am currently just getting over it. But this time the gland under my left armpit was swollen up. Also my bura sack in my elbow. Does gout cause this and how do I get over it.........................
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
bursitis treatment is over the counter antibiotics

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

1) The bursa sac is known as bursitis, its an infection and needs to be treated with over the counter antibiotic cream.

2) Yes gout may cause swollen glands in arm pit and the best way to address them is to get gout under control. Mean while over the counter pain medicine may be used in case of any pain is felt.

Thanks for the query. Please feel free to contact me in case of any other concerns.