Had Giant Cell tumor in knee, got operated. Now have pain in knee and cannot turn normally. Advise?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i have a problem in my right knee,which is operted last year ago ,havinng a problem of g.c.t,the docter operated this in2012,and now i have a pain in my right knee and it is not working properly and not turn normally
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be a recurrence of GCT.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

There is a possibility of recurrence of Giant cell tumour at same site of surgery. An xray or an MRI scan will show up the definitive recurrence of the tumour. Giant cell tumours are notorious for local recurrence.

I suggest you to consult your treating doctor for further workup and management.

Hope I have addressed your query. I welcome any more clarifications.