Had Gallbladder removed and diagnosed UTI. Having abdomen pain radiating to groin. What to do?

Gallbladder removed about 5 years ago. Have had consistent moderate ache to sudden sharp pain lasting only seconds about three ribs up from the last palpable rib on the right side. Currently have UTI, diagnosed two days ago by UA test in office. The sharp pain sometimes migrates to the back and upward and sometimes moving down to groin and or flank from RIGHT upper abdomen. No antibiotics for infection, yet, waiting on UA culture results.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Renal colic

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

A person with back pain, abdominal pain and irradiation of pain to groin, the first diagnosis to be considered is renal colic.Also UTI and renal colic are frequently associated pathologies causing kidney infections. I recommend that you go to an Emergency Service as soon as possible for examination and to realize additional tests( abdominal radiography, ultrasound, urine analysis)to confirm or exclude the diagnosis.

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health