Had Gallbladder removed. Next day had simple billary duct procedure. Woke up with lot of pain. Suggest?

Thanks, - Last Oct.4th I had my Gallbladder removed. The next day they came and got me again for a "simple" billary (sp?) duct procedure. I was never told it would take two operations for this and when I woke up I was in way more pain then the day before. It was also done by a different surgeon who I met in the operating room while being put under. When they woke me, I was told that they had "lost" a stent (that had broke) but it shouldn't matter and was xrayed to look for it. They didn't find it, two weeks later they had me xrayed again - at my pressuring -they didn't find it. Said it probably dropped into my stomach and I would poop it out,. I looked through my crap pretty carefully this whole time and never saw it. Then I began to get nauseous. It got so bad that I ended up being sent by my primary doc to the ER, more cat scans (or xrays) still no stent - then I was sent on the rosy go round of Neurology, (head scans), then another look at my kidneys ( xrays,etc) and (there were more looks taken) finally I am living on Phenergan,and a little valium - I have other health issues that may play into this - A bad surgery for a hernia repair in '94 left me constant pain and led to 8 more hernia repairs (or should I say repair of repairs) - anyway at her wits end my Primary doc had them do a upper GI (with Barium and air) - in these slides there is a picture none of my regular doctors can figure out - looks like pieces of surgical equipment to me -a layman - but these are the only pictures I have of it - oh, I also have a degree in physics and have hand built a lot of "spaceflight flight hardware" - I'm no dummy.
When I called the surgeons office he sent me on the afore mentioned merry-go - round of doctors but wouldn't see me. - I can get my primary to request a consultation - but at this point I'm at a loss - any Ideas and why wouldn't all the surgery have been done during the original lapro? Still sick almost a year later - any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. XXXXXXX Lockheed
541 482 0980
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Two stage procedure still possible

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your query in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Gall bladder removal through a laproscope is generally a one stage procedure but at certain instances wherw excessive dissection is required some times it is taken up as a two step procedure as well. If the gall bladder is adhered to the the gall bed then it is difficult to dissect in one step. The whole thing is ok but the fact remains is that they should have explained to you why are they going for the second surgery.
Regarding any left over foreighn body a CT scan abdomen can detect all of them and if that has come normao then in that case you should no longer worry about the foreign body.
If you are still anxious about the foreign body then you should seek some psychological help for the same.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD