Had GERD, developed lump that popped below breast bone. Have acidity, weakness and cant sleep. Suggest?

General Surgeon
Had Gerd in 1995. Developed a Small lump that popped out just below the brest bone. Can't sleep with out my head being raised, due to stomach acid developing. Currently, feeling faint, weak, tired, and can't sollow very good. Almost passed out two days ago. Also I Very dark Stool. what do you think I have ? And what should I do ?
Does my condition require me to go to the Emergency Room ?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should go to ER.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Yes, you need to go to ER as soon as possible. Very dark, tarry like stool indicates bleeding from peptic ulcer. Weakness, tiredness is caused by low hemoglobin level due to bleeding. You need to have gastroscopy done as soon as possible and blood work. Blood transfusion or even partial stomach removal might be necessary.

Please do not wait anymore and go to the doctor.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.