Had Frenuloplasty. Penis sensitive and noticed redness at the site of surgery after sex. Remedy?

Dermatologist
Question
I had frenulumplasty surgery four months ago ... Everything healed nice, but I had sex for the first time 2 weeks ago and had sex three times in one day and for about a half an hour each time. It was red and hurt a little bit where I had the surgery. All the skin on my penis has been sensitive for 2 weeks feels like friction irritation but seems like it is taking to long to heal no redness just sensitive. Along my inner thighs and legs are also sensitive. Is see no redness just sensitive skin feels chafted but does not look like it.

What could be causing it? Jock itch, of yeast? I had unprotected sex.

What can I do to help with the itchy skin on my legs ... Weird that it is not getting better no major friction but still bothering me.

Lastly. Did you ever hear of man1 man oil? Is it a good choice to use it on my penis skin? And the irritation on the Penis is from friction is it normal to take this long to heal and possible how long could it take?

Or am I over reacting.

Thanks
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic.

Post frenuloplasty penis being sensitive is a common effect. Usually it is advisable to have intercourse after a month. You had your first intercourse post surgery after 3 and a half months, following which it is very sensitive now. It could be because the act was too long and too many for the first day. It is better not to be overzealous and take it slow. Minimize the duration and frequency and gradually increase so that your skin gets ample time to recover.

I would advise you to wait for one or two weeks for the sensitivity to disappear and then take it slow.

Inner thighs and legs being sensitive cannot be explained because of surgery or this incident. It could be because of some other condition.
Jock itch or yeast should have some scaling/ rash. You seem to be having only sensitivity and no rash.

Man 1 man oil contains moisturizer and vitamins. I do not have any personal experience with it, searched for it in the net and looked at the ingredients. I don't see any harm in using it. I would recommend a plain moisturizer like cetaphil moisturizing cream to apply over penis twice to thrice a day. It will help to make skin soft and also will help in decreasing sensitivity.

Sensitivity on the penis can take long time to go in some. It is subjective and varies from person to person.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any further queries you have.