Had Fissure and Piles after delivery, took medicine. Having same problem fissure is bloody and external piles

Have delivered a baby girl 8 months back. 2 months post delivery, got the problem of Fisher n Piles. After consulting an MD took medicine, special diet (no spices) which eased the problem. However recently have again got the same problem with more intensity, this time external Piles is evident n Fisher is bloody. is this curable or operation is necessary? Also what precautions should be taken so that this does not occur again n again.
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 3 hours later
Thank you for the query. Bomeoth fissure and piles are known to occur with constipation.
You need to
1 Have high fiber diet
2 Take plenty of water
3 Avoid straining for stools
4 Can try stool softners for few days like isapgula or liquid paraffin both are 5 available over the counter and are safe in breast feeding too.
5 applying an anasthetic jelly perianal region for few days will help.
All this will also help to prevent recurrence.
Surgery is not always necessary can opt for it if the problem is too recurrent or non responsive to above treatment

Hope this answers your query
wish you a speedy recovery
happy to help
Follow-up: Had Fissure and Piles after delivery, took medicine. Having same problem fissure is bloody and external piles 20 hours later
Thanks for the response Dr. I suffer from loose motion very often n I don't have constipation problem infact I have to pass motion 2-3 times which makes it difficult and that area is stressed. taking still softeners had in past also caused lose motions. That is the reason I am surprised with my Piles problem. Also some years back I suffered from colitis.
Thank you for the query.
With this additional history it is important to see if you have colonic inflammation like ulcerative colitis, need to undergo an colonoscopy to see what is the correct diagnosis and then treatment needs to be started accordingly. Crohns disease a varient of colitis can cause peri anal ulcers and pain.
I this situation stool softners may just worsen your symptoms.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.