Had Embryo transplantation, 5th month pregnancy. Suffering from cold, taking Cetzine, but no help. Any other medication ?

Hello, Good morning, I had my Embryo transplantation on 5th march 12, and right now its my 5th month of pregnancy, from last tuesday suffering from cold. My Dr. suggested me CETZINE but I am not finding any improvement. please suggest me any other medicine. Also let me know does cold can affect my pregnancy?
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 5 hours later
Congratulations first.
Its important to treat infections in pregnancy (cold in your case) for 2 reasons one it gets flared easily and second it can lead to preterm labor.
Please see an ENT specialist who will give you correct medication.
Please take steam inhalation thrice daily.
Also take tab vit c 500 mg once daily.
Local nasal sprays are very helpful in reducing inflammation.
If you are running fever please take paracetamol. If pus is seen on examination you may need antibiotic course.
Avoid intake of cold and sour things and eat egular healthy meals.
Avoid temperature fluctuations, dust.
Overall cold takes 7 days and simple cold doesnot cause significant problem for a pregnancy.Cetrizine is commonly prescribed for cold.