Had ERDC, painful ribs, sore pelvic area, constipation, bleeding after urinating and sex. Constipated and diarrhoea. Cause?

I had an erdc over a month ago. Everything was fine but for the last 3 weeks or so I've had pains in, it seems, the lower part of my ribs, on both the left and the right hand side and im very sore in my pelvic area. I bleed sometimes when I'm urinating and am constantly needing to go to the toilet even when I haven't drank anything. I also feel like I need to go to the toilet to "poo" but when I get there I'm constipated. Then other days I can have diarrhea. I feel bloated the whole time and really uncomfortable. I did bleed a couple of times after sex also. I'm getting really worried now. I also have tenderness in upper chest area, my kids cannot lean back on me at all on my lap. my own doc had diagnosed chostrochondritis (cant spell it) for this pain but its still there too
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 2 hours later

After ERDC it is common for several months potentially to have diffuse symptoms such as this including constipation, alternating with diarrhea and musculoskeletal complaints. Eventually the system will recover and probably this will go away in time.

Costochondritis is a condition that is inflammation of the ribs, and it goes away on its own in a few weeks. Recommend avoiding direct pressure on the chest for quicker recovery.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Had ERDC, painful ribs, sore pelvic area, constipation, bleeding after urinating and sex. Constipated and diarrhoea. Cause? 1 hour later
Thank you so much. Nobody ever puts up symptoms like this after an erpc anywhere to read so I was sure I had cancer. Definately money well spent and I will be recommending this site. I was terrified that I have ovarian cancer. Is there any chance that I could have ovarian cancer or any other cancer with these symptoms?
When I was reading I have nearly all of the symptoms, or could this all be brought on by the erdc? I've actually been worrying all evening about how my husband would cope alone with our three kids.
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 2 hours later

It is very unlikely, bloating/distention/constipation/pain with ovarian cancer.

Wish you good health.