Had ECG, echocardiogram, cardiac enzyme blood test, ultrasound. All normal. Get flutter feeling in throat, overweight and smoke

Cardiologist, Interventional
hi. i have had the following things done.
ecg. echocardiogram. stress test with ecg. cardiac enzyme blood test. ultrasound on heart . all these test came back perfect. i get a thump in chest and a flutter feeling in my throat. is this palpitaions??? it worries me so much. i smoke 10-15 ciggaretts a day. i am a little overweight. everytime i ask my doc he said my heart is fine. i do get very bad panic and anxiety attacks. please help.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 40 minutes later
Looking at the information you have given I would agree with your doc that your heart is fine. Its normal to have occasional missed beats especially in the smoker. Also your anxiety can worsen the entire experience.

But having said that I am concerned about your smoking. Your description says quite lot of smoking.Smokers can developed coronary artery spasm/thrombosis even in the presence of normal coronaries. And also produce occasional arrhythmia. They may not be picked up in routine testing as they would have temporal relation to smoking and you wouldnt have spoken couple of hours before tests. ONLY way to answer this is to quite smoking and reduce your anxiety, if need be you should consult counsellor or psychotherapist.
Follow-up: Had ECG, echocardiogram, cardiac enzyme blood test, ultrasound. All normal. Get flutter feeling in throat, overweight and smoke 8 hours later
Yes im trying to quit right now. Thank you so much for your time doctor
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 27 hours later
You don't have to try. Just give up. After few days you will start feeling good.