Had ECG. What are the findings from the report?

Hi I am 42 years old. Recently did a ECG which said " Sinus rhythm minor mid and left pre-cordial depolarization disturbance, consider ischemia LV overload or a-specific change. What does it imply. My BP is normal over past 6 months. I am not over weight or diabetic.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: needs further evaluation. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. I like to explain about the readings first and them about the reading. ECG readings depends on the position of leads, distance from heart, any metals you are wearing and also depends on the person who is taking the ECG (correct positioning and applying the leads). The readings that comes with ECG may get influenced by all the above factors and based on pre feeded information even for minor variation in graph the report will come as a problem. So need not to worry if you don't have any symptoms and signs (clinical features) suggestive of cardiac problem and your general physical examination and cardiac examination does not reveal any problem. So be relaxed. The report suggests that there is slight problem in the initial phase of action potential that is required to generate cardiac contraction in the mid and left pre cardiac area due to decreased blood supply (ischaemia). This requires further evaluation using 2D echo, cardiac enzymes and other investigations as suggested by doctor based on the initial evaluation. Hope this answered your query and is useful to you. Feel free to ask if any related query. Wish you good health. Regards