Had D and C followed by unprotected sex. HPT test showed faint line. Is that new pregnancy?

Hi! i had a d&c five weeks ag at 6 weeks. had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago. lots of +hpt tests faint lines and some strong. hcg was 31 a week ago. I am driving myself nuts, how possible is it that this is a new preg? fingers crossed
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later

Although the curetage creates a disfavorable environment for implantation, certainly there could have been ovulation and fertilization; it is of course tricky because of your residual hcg levels; the best way to know is by repeating the hcg quantitative level... which should be coming down from 31, not up.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

yours truly

Dr Brenes Salazar
Mayo Clinic MN