Had C7 and d operation. Having blood in urine. Advised to have hysterectomy. Need doctor assistance?

Dec 2012

I am a sixty-six year old female : single and I do not have a partner : I recently approx. 2 months ago
had a C 7 & d OPERATION and it was found that I would have to have a hysterectomy : I have
had blood in my urine and I have blood on pads which I am wearing : can u please assist.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible utero-bladder shunt

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting,

From your descrption you might developed an injury after your operation which lead to a shunt between your pelvic structures most probably uterus and bladder reason why there is blood in urine coming from uterus. Looking at another view you might complicated UTI which have to be determined after a doctor has done some tests. I suggest you get back to hospital soonest for immmediate intervention and management. You might require a more specific surgical intervention order than hysterectomy.

Hope this helps