Had Adhesiolysis done, is on TB tablets, missed periods. Could I be pregnant ?

A laproscopy surgery done of my wife 1 months back
Procedure Performed as per reports:
"Diagnostic laparoscopy with adhesiolysis with removal of hydrosalpinx.
Indication-Adenexal Mass
Per op - Dense plastic adhesions between omentum, gut uterus & adenexa. Adhesiolysis done. Gently - uterus seen adheret to all structures. Right hydrosalpix seen. Yellowish in colour with caseous material. Right hydrosalpinx separated from utero, removed, set for HPE, PCR TB."

What does above statement mean. Doctor said there was a cyst in intestines which is removed through surgery. Does above statement says this? Now my wife is taking medicine for TB and she has been told to take medicine for 9-10 months. Date of MC was 17th but today is 22nd but MC not started. There is some problem to fear as she gets regular cycle on time.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 minutes later
The findings in the report indicate that your wife happens to have severe adhesions in the pelvis.This most likely cause could be genital tuberculosis due to the hydrosalpinx in the fallopian tube.Unless that HPE report comes back,TB cannot be confirmed.However,anti TB medications can be started prophylactically.She needs to complete the course of 9 months if the drugs have been started. The delayed menses is another matter.It shouldnt occur due to the medicines.Since she is overdue by just a week,you can wait another few days and then take a urine pregnancy test.If negative,then just wait it out.If positive your doctor needs to be informed.Sometimes due to hormonal imbalance,menses might be delayed. Wait a few more days,and if still no menses,take a pregnancy test.Continue the medicines as usual.

Follow-up: Had Adhesiolysis done, is on TB tablets, missed periods. Could I be pregnant ? 11 minutes later
After the surgery we have not done intercourse and she was operated just after periods. That time pregnancy tests were happened but result was negative.
One more thing what precautions should she take after surgery.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
In that case,just wait for some more time for the period to come. Hormone imbalance must be the cause here.
If only a diagnostic lap was done,she can resume her normal work by now. The medicines should be taken without fail. She might experience some pain from time to time due to the adhesions but that can be managed with medicines. Normal diet and activities.

Follow-up: Had Adhesiolysis done, is on TB tablets, missed periods. Could I be pregnant ? 14 minutes later
we got married 17 months back but she could not conceive. My sperm reports are ok.
TB might be the reason for infertility? If yes, can she conceive now?
Actually I asked the doctor who had done her surgery that she could get pregnant now but she didn't tell. She said first treat for TB.
Is there any problem which doctor is hiding? My wife can get pregnant?
Infertility is often seen in TB cases.The treatment of TB should happen first.Whether she can conceive has to be determined later. Complete the treatment and then try to concieve.Only in certain severe cases of TB infertility may not be treatable.