Had ACDF C6-C7 done instead of C5-C6. Should I go for surgery again?

Neurologist, Surgical
i had an acdf c6-c7 done - i was suppose to have the c5-c6 done but during surgery the doctor had complications with a calcified ligament that they had to drill off - and as the 5-6 was moderate they decided not to remove the disc. I had a follow up MRI - 12months later (prev was before surgery) and they have indicated that "neural formina stenosis noted bilaterally left greater than riight. This has progressed compared to previous. compression of left c6 nerve root" does this mean i might have to go back and have surgery again or can I just push through it
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 1 hour later
Since you have undergone surgery once and it is never easy to operate via anteriorcervical approach a second time, it is better to try conservative management and not operate again.
Also we don' operate based on a MRI. The decision to operate depends on your symptoms. Only if they are severe enough, should we be considering a second surgery.

Hope that helps