Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used spermicide. Do you think I should take postinor again?

Mar 2013
This is my 3rd intercourse within a cycle.i took postinor after the 1st,used today (spermicide)alongside a vaginal film the second and 3rd time.i really dont want to get you think i should take postinor again?
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
It is not at all recommended to take Postinor twice within one cycle.
It would make your bleeding pattern highly erratic.
However, if you wish to ensure that you do not get pregnant, now that you have had unprotected intercourse, the only option left is to take Postinor once again.
Be warned that you might have nausea, vomiting, and face irregular spotting / bleeding which would confuse you.
I would ask you to switchover to reliable birth control .
if you take Postinor, then do take a pregnancy test after 4 weeks anyhow, as you cannot rely on the menstrual pattern after Postinor twice within a cycle.
As you must be well aware, for maximum effectiveness, take it as soon as possible.
All the best