Habituated to scraping the inside of mouth, have chapped lips. Tastes minty or burnt. Is it an allergy?

I've just recently( the last 3 monthys), acquired a habit of, not biting, but scraping the inside of my mouth. I thought it might be possibly a new allergy that makes me want to suck or scrape the soft tissue. I also have chapped lips. At times I have a minty taste, but at other times I have a burnt taste. Should I be concerned? I am 57 and other wise very healthy.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 10 hours later

In all probability, your condition is nothing that you need to be worried about. It could just be a habitual thing or a vitamin B complex deficiency. I would suggest that you take the following measures for this:

a. Take a vitamin B complex supplement like Tab. Centrum 1 tablet daily with meals.
b. Take plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
c. Stay well hydrated. Take at least 2-3 liters of water in a day.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.