HSG test done. What does the report suggest? Is there any complication?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Dear Doctor,
i got HSG test and the report was under:

1. Uterine Contour and size appear normal.
2. No filling defects noted.
3. Left fallopian tube is opacified with minimal contrast spillage.
4. Non opacification of right fallopian tube - likely cornual occlusion.

Could you please brief about the report.

Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
hi,

hysterosalpingography is used to evaluate the status of uterus and fallopian tubes.
according to your report,
1.uterus is normal in size and shape,
2.no defects like adhesions, septa, fibroids etc
3.left fallopian tube is patent and normal which allowed contrast material through it and some of that got spill into abdominal cavity indicating patency,
4.contrast material didn't enter into right tube, they have given the likely cause as block at the level of cornual end means the entrance of tube from uterus,
but the actual cause is removal of tube according to your past history.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: HSG test done. What does the report suggest? Is there any complication? 12 hours later
Thank you very much mam,

can u give me a final conclusion that the left fallopian tube will allow to conceive naturally and what's its condition of work.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 hours later
hi,

as the left tube is patent without any XXXXXXX constrictions etc and as it allowed the spillage of contrast material, it can be said that possibly it will allow natural conception,
but as your right tube was removed there will be some amount of decrease in fertility but the possibility of natural conception is still there because of patent left tube.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.