HSG test done. Started bleeding with cramps. What could be the reason for early period?

I had hsg test last Tuesday and am still having bad cramps and bright Red bleeding, could the test have brought my period on early. Even though this does not feel like a normal period, I do not have a fever and am not due for another 2 weeks. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Thank you for your query.
i can undersatnd your concern.
If you mean hysterosalpingography then it might happen due to the procedure.
Kindly consult your gynaecologist because you are having pain with bleeding.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: HSG test done. Started bleeding with cramps. What could be the reason for early period? 13 hours later
I am asking you. What could have happened due to the procedure? He said everything came back normal. But its almost a week later and I am still with heavy bleeding and cramps.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 minutes later
I can understand your concern.Its difficult to pin point the cause.
You haven't mentioned the cause for which you underwent the procedure??
The causes may be injury to the uterus .
It could be infection in the uterus.
Initially an ultrasound abdomen and clinical examination is needed now.
Hope this answers your query.
Follow-up: HSG test done. Started bleeding with cramps. What could be the reason for early period? 7 minutes later
my husband and i are trying to have a baby. the exam was to look at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. It was just done to confirm that all my parts are working and we can continue to try. Everything came back normal with the procedure. They advised I would have slight discomfort during the procedure and spot a little because they are shooting iodine inside me. That did happen for few days. On or about the 5th day after the procedure I began to experience very extreme cramps and major bright red bleeding. That was not told that would happen, that is what I am asking about. I thought I would be talking to a dr that specializes in fertility. That would know exactly what I am talking about. Initially I did ask this question to a dr who appeared to be one that was in this field.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 6 minutes later
Your anxiety and frustration is justified.
It seems that you are not satisfied with the answers given before.
The reasons of bleeding and pain are those I mentioned above.
You must appreciate that we cannot pin point on the cause without physically seeing and examining the patient.We can only help you by giving you suggestions.
Please undergo an ultrasound a nd get yourself checked by a reputed gynaecologist.