HSG report showed left tube slightly folded upon itself with hydrosalpinx. What are the complications?

Good morning Doctor.
My HSG report says: "Uterine cavity shows a normal filling and is normal. No focal filling defect seen in uterine cavity. Both the fallopian tubes are visualised and right is normal in course and caliber. Left tube is slightly folded upon itself with hydrosalpinx and loculated spill on left. There is free paritoneal soill of contrast seen on right side XXXXXX
Please explain to me whether there could be a chance that my left tube has to be clipped? My Doctor has informed that it could be a possibility that they might have to. I'm very worried about the same.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Since the right tube is healthy with normal caliber, if not clamped it does not affect the fertility.A single patent tube is enough for the fertility to be optimum.

The left tube as it shows hydrosalpinx which could be a complication of previous pelvic inflammatory disease due to infections.The infection or the inflammation has lead to blockade of the tube at the free end which leads to accumulation of the fluid in the tube and cause it to swell up.

Yes, the definitive treatment of the hydrosalpinx is by surgery.If it does not regress on its own which does occur rarely, then opening the cyst and clamping the tube is the best option.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.