HPT test positive, never missed period, on pill regularly, stomach feels strange. Pregnancy possible?

I have been on the pill for 5 months (I never miss taking my pill) and I get my period regularly. I just had my period on time (this past weekend) and have not had sex, however i was feeling weird (stomach wise), so to ease my boyfriend's and my own mind i purchased a home pregnancy test. The test came back positive. Can I really be pregnant?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Radhika 39 minutes later

If you are on your pill regularly and had not had sex after your periods it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. This could be due to false positive test.

I would suggest you to repeat the test again, this time use early morning sample.

Also you should normally do the test 1 week after your expected date of periods. You have done test 1 week after your periods, it is too early to test it.

The weird feeling in the stomach could be acidity.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.