HPT negative. Itchy tender breast, cramps, nausea. Am I pregnant?

My name is XXXXXXX I am 2 days late with my period. I have taken 2 hpt and each were negative. I have also been experiencing tender itchy breasts, cramping, and nausea. Could I still be pregnant. I have came on my period on time like clockwork for the past 6 months.

I have also been gettin rashy areas on my eyes and on my neck and hands.
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later

Yes there are chances for a home pregnancy test to show falsely negative due to low hormone levels in the urine.I suggest you to go for a Blood HCG test this is very sensitive and cannot miss interpret the condition.

Delay for 2 to 3 days is normal and can occur in healthy woman with regular period for years.Such delay can be attributed to hormonal imbalance or even nutrition.

Since you mention that you were diagnosed of Polycystic ovaries such mild variation in due date can be expected.Still I would ask you to go for blood HCG test which rules out pregnancy completely.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Wish you the best.
Follow-up: HPT negative. Itchy tender breast, cramps, nausea. Am I pregnant? 7 minutes later
I also lost 21lbs in one month with no change in activity. I have been feeling flutters in my lower abdomen. I'm.just really scared. Thank you for your response.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Need not worry, such presentation are common in people with Polycystic ovaries.

Weight loss of 21lbs has to be considered seriously.I would also suggest you to get a Ultrasound scan after getting evaluated for pregnancy.The scan can give clues into your weight loss and delayed periods if anything serious like ovarian growths caused it.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.