HIgh BP. Have sharp chest pains. Is it indigestion? Medicines not helping. Get the hear checked?

I have high blood pressure ( found out 4 months ago) and am on medication for it. Almost on a daily basis I get chest pains but my doctor seems to think it is indigestion. I am taking medication for that but the pains still persist. The pain is usually sharp and either on the left or right upper chest. It comes and goes and usually last for about 30 mins to an hour. Should I ask my doctor to check my heart out?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Although your chest pains could be due to indigestion but still cardiac involvement must be ruled out.
It is always better to be safe rather than feeling sorry later on.
You must consult a cardiologist and get an EKG and TMT done which will tell the truth.
You can ask your doctor for an appointment with a cardiologist.
You must also get your blood sugar and lipid profile done.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query
Thanks and best of luck