HIV positive. Under medication. Viral load zero. Can I get a negative ELISA test?

i am an HIV positive person.i know it since last two years and since then im under medication.with the recent blood testsmy viral load is almost zero,also im perectly fine as far as nrmal health is concerned now,i play for 2 hrs daily nd do all normal routine job without any office has given me an offer to go abroad now,but before that i have to undergo an ELISA test.please can you advice is there any instant medicine,something taken before the test. which would ensure a negative ELISA TEST FOR ME.
awaiting your reply eagerly.
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

I understand your concern but I am afraid that there is NO such drug available which can ensure negative elisa test.

HIV Elisa test becomes positive after 6-12 weeks of infection and remains positive for rest of life .

Highly active Anti retro viral treatment can bring viral load to zero but cannot make Elisa negative.

If you have any other queries I would be here to answer them.

Dr Sudarshan