HIV positive. Treated for hodgikins lymphoma. Having tingling sensation in arms and leg. What to do?

Nov 2013

I have been HIV positive since 2008. I am currently on ARVs (Atripla). I was treated for Hodgikins Lymphoma through chemo-therapy in 2010-2011.
I have severe tingling sensations on my arms and legs which degenerate to severe pain. My doctor does not seem to have a solution for this condition. What can I do?
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of peripheral neuropathy, a condition where the nerves of hands and legs do not function normally.

It is likely to be related to HIV infection. However, we should exclude pregabalin capsules.

You could consult a neurologist for detailed evaluation and treatment.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad