HIV combo test done after protected sex. Feeling tired, have muscle pain and sore throat. Worrisome

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi doctor, male 32 I need your quick response I had HIV combo test after 10 days of exposure and I had safe sex with condom except 10 min of oral sex was without condom only from her side my blood test results is 12.8 WBC (7.7 gran 4.8 lymph and 0.3 mono) feeling tired pain in my muscles and taken curam 1g medicine for a simple sore throat
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had a safe penetrative sex.
HIV transmission through oral sex is very low as per CDC, Atlanta, USA.
So the chances of getting HIV/STD is very very remote in your case.
HIV Combo is a better test, both specific and sensitive. But this test also more conclusive after 3-4 weeks after the high risk activity.

Your symptoms of feeling tired and muscle pain and also the blood report are due to your throat infection which can occur to anybody.
There is nothing to worry. You can repeat the test after another 15 days to be more sure on your part.
If you have more queries to ask, feel free to shoot.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: HIV combo test done after protected sex. Feeling tired, have muscle pain and sore throat. Worrisome 4 hours later
Thanks doctor, so can I back to my life can I sleep with my wife its safe as per that results. One more yesterday I didn't slept well because of kidney pain and the pain gone with drinking too much water..is,that related ....today morning I found some white spots on my tongue ,,,,plz advice me??? I am very worry about situation.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 19 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome back.

Kidney is well inside your abdomen. Nobody can pinpoint exactly kidney pain unless examined by a doctor along with investigations.
So I am not able to get what you mean exactly?

Don't worry about the white spots over your tongue.
After repeating the test once again it is better for you to sleep with your wife even though the risk is very low.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: HIV combo test done after protected sex. Feeling tired, have muscle pain and sore throat. Worrisome 33 hours later

Dear doctor, my last inquiry is what the reason behind all these symptoms tired, white spots in my mouth , throat sore, nausea, mild diarrhea and XXXXXXX fever...plz answer me really I couldn't sleep..

Welcome back.

All your symptoms may be due an ordinary bacteria or a 'Flu' infection. You please consult your physician. Within another 3 days you will be alright.
Early HIV symptoms can not occur earlier than 3-4 weeks of the risky exposure. In your case oral sex carries very low risk only.
So you need not to worry about HIV.
Dr S XXXXXXX