HIV 1 DNA PCR Qualitative Analysis, ECLIA test and TRIDOT test for HIV shows result Non reactive. Completely free of HIV infection?

Hi Doctor,

1.) HIV 1 DNA PCR Qualitative Analysis - Result Not Detected : After 28 days of risky exposure
2.) ECLIA test for HIV 1 & 2 Antibodies - Result Non Reactive (0.03 Reference Range) after 26 days
3.) TRIDOT test for HIV 1 & 2 Antibodies - Result Non Reactive after 91 days (3 months)

Can I be assured now that I am free completely from HIV infection?

Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Your test results are within normal limits. Serocoversion in case of HIV infection usually takes 4 - 12 weeks and tridot test after 3 months excludes the possibility of HIV infection. So, please do not worry and be assured.

Hope it helps!

Take Care!