HI : I am seeing my psych tomorrow for anxiety

Question
HI : I am seeing my psych tomorrow for anxiety issues. I have been taking clonzapam for a couple of days but don't seem to be getting much relief in sleep. My doc told me last time to not take more than 1mg per day. I did this last night and got maybe 2 hours sleep and groggy all day. Given long 1/2 life what would be recommended for this evening and how long before bed ? sorry for all the detail...the anxiety and insomnia is really hard and I am suffering.
Posted 6 days ago in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take regular dose of clonazepam at scheduled time today

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

If you consumed less than 4 mg of clonazepam yesterday, you can take the regular dose at next scheduled time. However, if you are feeling too groggy and tired at the time of next scheduled dose, I recommend to cut the dosage to half, and then continue regular dose thereafter.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi