HDL and LDL test done. Got the result. Is there any side effect of rozavel 5?

I am 58 years old. My HDL is 34 mg/dl and LDL is 135 mg/dl and doctor prescribed Rozavel 5 for 60 days. Please let me know if there are any side effects and how the medicine helps in normalizing the lipid profile.
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 50 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your question with diligence.
First the side effects are usually observed and investigated after 4 weeks. Serious for which drug may have to be discontinued are two one is muscle pain leading to swelling of muscles (Polymyositis manifestation with muscle enzyme elevation.) and the abnormality in liver function (as deranged liver function tests). However these are rare.
Yes, it decreases LDL and if combined with regular exercise increases HDL to normal level of 40. Important is avoiding saturated fats in food and do aerobic exercises for drugs to show optimal effects. Side effects are rare.
If you have any more query, I will be happy to answer.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW