HBsAg positive. Guaranteed treatment to make blood test HBsAg negative?

Hello Dr, my blood show is HBs Ag (ELISA) Positive(>3.000 OD units, COV 0.105) Please let me know how can i get my blood test HBs Ag Negetive, I need a gauranted treatment. I have already spent enough time & money no result.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
You are HBsAg positive. The presence of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) signifies infection with the virus but does not give any information concerning infectivity or the presence of ongoing liver damage.
You need to have other investigations like HBeAg and antibody to HBeAg to know the exact situation. Acute hepatitis B infection does not usually require treatment because most adults clear the infection spontaneously. Early antiviral treatment may only be required in fewer than 1% of patients, whose infection takes a very aggressive course (fulminant hepatitis) or who are immunocompromised.

On the other hand, treatment of chronic infection may be necessary to reduce the risk of cirrhosis and liver cancer. Chronically infected individuals with persistently elevated serum alanine aminotransferase (AAT), a marker of liver damage, and HBV DNA levels are candidates for therapy.
Although none of the available drugs can clear the infection, they can stop the virus from replicating, thus minimizing liver damage.

You need further investigations under the guidance of your physician to know the status of infection and replication according to which the treatment is given. The prognosis depends on the severity of illness.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: HBsAg positive. Guaranteed treatment to make blood test HBsAg negative? 35 hours later
Please advice what test need to be done to find out my liver status, expecting your favorable reply.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

You need to have HbeAg, antibody to HbeAg, HbcAg and HBV DNA levels assessed along with liver function tests done to know the status of your infection.

Even with best of antiviral agents it is difficult to remove HbsAg from your blood.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.