HBS-AG (hepatitis B) report is positive from two months. Suggest Medication?

Question
HBS-AG (HEPATITIS B) REPORT IS POSITIVE FROM 2 MONTHS
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please upload the report

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

It seems like you are concerned about your HbsAg report that is positive since 2 months.

To guide you specifically, I would like to have a look at the complete report. Please upload the entire report on the right side of this query page. There is a feature for it. Alternatively, mail it to me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as Attention to Dr. Shanthi.

I would also be interested to know your liver function test report as well.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: HBS-AG (hepatitis B) report is positive from two months. Suggest Medication? 46 minutes later
MAAM, WE DOES NOT HAVE LFT TEST REPORT. WE HAVE ONLY THE HBS-AG POSITIVE LAB. TEST REPORT WITH US RIGHT NOW. THERE IS NOTHING TO UPLOAD IT. AND AFTER HAVING LFT TEST REPORT WE WILL UPLOAD IT SOON.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I shall wait for the report

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Sure, take your time. I shall wait for it from your end. No problem at all.

In addition to Liver function test, we also need to look at other viral markers - anti hepatitis core antibody (anti HCV antibody) and hepatitis A antibody. I am unsure if the test done yet has these markers. If it has not been done yet, I would recommend getting it done. A physician or gastroenterologist expertised in treating hepatitis can guide you through the tests.

Meanwhile continue to take Himalaya LIV 52 capsules. Do not consume food from hotels. Avoid high fatty and spicy food.

Take care!

Follow-up: HBS-AG (hepatitis B) report is positive from two months. Suggest Medication? 34 minutes later
MAAM.,
PLS GIVE YOUR OPINION FOR TAKING LIV.52 HB IN THE TREATMENT.
IS IT EFFECTIVE AS MENTIONED EVERYWHERE?.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No clinical trials available

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am not against you taking Liv 52. This I say because I have seen quite a few of patients do well with Liv 52 along with other medical treatments. Therefore, I will not say you to stop the medicine.

In the patients that I have observed, I see more benefits from its use than risks.

p s: no clinical trial has been done in this regard until now as it is a herbal medicine. There is no medical evidence to prove either ways.

I hope this helps you.

Take care!