HAD IDC with lumpectomy, chemo, and radation. Mammogram showed deep papilloma like abnormality. What to do now?

I am 65 years old, female, had IDC two years ago- with lumpectomy, chemo, and rads...I went for a mammogram last Monday and the other breast is showing deep papilloma-like abnormality, blocked ducts, and lack of blood flow. The report says Category 4 abnormality. What happens now?
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

While this might simply represent an intra-ductal papilloma with blockage of the ducts within the breast, given your history of IDC of the other breast, this should be taken very seriously. You need:
1. A consultation with a breast-surgeon
2. A biopsy of the abnormality described

Do not assume the worst. Make sure that you get this checked out as soon as possible, though.

Please ask if you have additional questions.