H-pylori,brown vaginal discharge,urinary infection,painful urination

Brown discharge out vagiva with 5 days fever
43 years old, no med problems at all, but recently get antibiotic course treating H -pylori and week later fill that my urine tract have problem, pain to pee and very often.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later

Painful urination and frequency are associated with a urine examination done which will show pus cells and protein in the urine.

If it is actually a urinary tract infection, then you need antibiotics to treat your problem.

For symptomatic relief, you need to have plenty of fluids and do take plenty of fresh cranberry juice.

Brownish discharge from vagina is usually associated with cervical lesions like erosion, cervical polyp, hormonal disturbances, vaginal infections, etc.

The cause can only be determined after proper examination by your gynaecologist and necessary investigations.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: H-pylori,brown vaginal discharge,urinary infection,painful urination 37 hours later
THX! Any chance to skip antibiotic course? My stomach in pain from previous course...and ruin the whole my will be another infection come up, because I don't have immune system to fight! Any advice of alternative medicine to cure UTI?
Thx in advance
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Without antibiotics it is difficult to treat UTI and recurrence is common.

You can take plenty of fluids and probiotics to help your GI system to tolerate the antibiotics better.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.