Gurgling stomach, gas, soft and floating stools, nausea. Help

General Surgeon
Hello. For the past 2 months or so I have been waking up in the morning to a very gurgly and loud stomach. I would have gas and then have to have a bowel movement which is usually very soft and floats. Then I am nauseas for a while before feeling normal. This happens every morning. Also I have noticed that every time I drink something, I can hear gurgling in my stomach right after. Lately I have been getting a little more nausea during the day after eating also.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 51 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms may be caused by peptic ulcer, acid reflux, pregnancy. If you suffer from stomach ache as well, if you drink coffee before first meal you can have a peptic ulcer. If there is a chest burning feeling acid reflux is more probable, however lack of pain or burning does not rule anything out. Pregnancy does often causes such symptoms.
To make sure what is causing your problem and start treatment you should have fool blood work with liver and pancreas enzymes, abdomen ultrasound, upper GI endoscopy and pregnancy test.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.