Ask a Dentist   »  

Gums are paining a lot. Suggest?

my gums are paining a lot
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
need visit to a doctor...
Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us,
I would like to that pain in gums can be from several reasons, gingivitis is one of them.
You have not mentioned if your gums bleed or not.

Sometimes infected tooth can also cause pain in gums. In order to rule out the cause you will have to see a dentist who will do a thorough full mouth check up.

Until you see a dentist I will provide you with a few instructions to follow which will provide temporary pain relief.
First of all, perform warm saline rinses 3-4 times / day.
Use a mouth was twice/ day.
Do not use a hard bristles tooth brush instead use a soft bristles tooth brush and brush your teeth twice/day.
Massage your gums using your finger for 1 minute several times/ day.
If the pain is severe i will advise you to take a pain killer and see your dentist soon.

If you have any further queries feel free to write back to us.

I wish you good health and a healty smile.