Grumbling sounds from stomach causing insomnia, depression. No improvement with exercise. Suggestions?

I've serious problem where my stomach makes a lot of noise all the time in the day and night. I'm not sure if that's caused by stomach gas, parasites, or simply indigestion. I've got my faeces checked and it's healthy. I understand this problem is normal. But my condition is unlike the others because these large weird sounds really cause me depression and insomnia! It's so embarrassing especially attending social activities. I can feel it from my intestines. I've tried improving my diet and eating habit, exercise everyday, and meditate to distress but all this doesn't seem to work on me! And now I'm starting to face constipation problem in the morning.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sunil 3 hours later

Stomach noise is typically due to normal digestion. Stomach growling can occur when you're hungry. But it can also occur after eating or between meals when food is being digested. Sometimes it can be due to Food intolerance (high fiber, milk, beans, etc.), Body position, tight waistband or belt and sometimes due to stress.

However, sometimes excessive stomach noise with bloating, diarrhea or constipation can be a symptom of an underlying gastrointestinal disorder, such as irritable bowel syndrome.

You should visit your doctor for physical examination and get endoscopy/colonoscopy done to reach a proper diagnosis.

Hope it helps, If you have any further question I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.

Dr Sunil
Follow-up: Grumbling sounds from stomach causing insomnia, depression. No improvement with exercise. Suggestions? 43 hours later
Thanks doctor for your advice, i'm currently out of my country and would like to take those tests when i go back after 3 months, will these symptoms worsen if i dont get treatment early? Though this problem has been bothering me for the pass few years.
Answered by Dr. Sunil 28 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

It is fine if you want to visit your doctor after 3 months but meanwhile you should continue to modify your life style like exercise, yoga, meditation and proper sleep. Avoid fast food and heavy diet, do not put belt pressure over waist.
If these precautions do not work then it suggests some underlying disease which should be diagnosed promptly.
Better to get your self checked physically and get necessary investigations done so that treatment can be started early.

Hope it helps. If you have any further question you may ask.
Wish you good health.

Dr Sunil