Growing lump on the lower leg, becomes a blood blister. Should I be worried?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, I have a small (smaller than a pea) sized lump on my lower leg right were my pants rub. It has been there for about 4 years. I have picked at it over the years and it has always come back. It doesnt seem to be growing. When it "heals" after i pick at it, it takes the form of a blood blister. It generally isnt painful unless rubbed fairly hard. I have no negative syptoms whatsoever other than worrieing about it. Ive had it looked at by a couple of retired nurses who said "its just a cyst, no biggie" but I thought I would ask you guys. It is just a little dark under the surface.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Your history is suggestive of a small cyst or a Wart

Here are few clarifications I need before I can stamp it and suggest some remedy

1] How did it appear? Was there any injury or some good day you noticed it all of a sudden?

2] Did you notice it at the present size or has it grown to this size gradually?

3] Do you have any similar swelling any where else in the body?

4] When you pick it does it discharge some material? If yes can you describe the material - If no is there bleeding which you need to control by pressing the site?

5] Are there any investigations like ultrasound done? If yes attach them - If no can you send an image of the local area?

Get back to me with these replies and I will help you out

Get Well Soon