Groin pain, kidney stones, no erection. Serious?

Dear Sir, A year back i had pain on my right groin, after much test doctor has diagonised with kidney stone, even i had no erection for 1 month. Now i am facing the same situation , no morning erection and am getting pain on my right groin. I am single, 30 yrs old, will this affect me if i get married.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

Renal stones are not something that can cause you to lose erection.

Although the pain associated with stones is severe but it subsides after the impacted stone is removed. You need to have an ultrasound scan and X-ray KUB region or IVP to diagnose the exact location of the stone.

After proper investigations, you can take a treatment for removal of renal calculus according to its size from your urologist.

The pain in the right groin also probably is related to the renal calculus.

The problem you are facing in getting an erection is probably due to stress and anxiety due to the illness.

De-stressing measures like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.

Apart from this, quiting smoking and alcohol (if any) is necessary to reduce the problem.

A few medical drugs such as phosphodiesterase inhibitors / alprostadil have been used for the treatment. You may get them prescribed by your urologist if none of the above measures are successful in treating the problem.

Both oral medications as well as injections are available to help in maintaining the erection. Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out the contraindicating factors.

Please consult your Urologist to confirm the same and to discuss the necessary investigations to undergo and treatment options.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Groin pain, kidney stones, no erection. Serious? 31 minutes later
Dear Madam

Thanks for your answer.

I am more stressfull inside due to heavy business loss two years ago, and am a very shy person. I dont smoke and consume alcohol(beer) once in 2 months only.

Pls advise whether my mental stress is the reason for erectile dysfunction. Is this a temporary effect or permanent one.

My family is looking for alliance, will this affect my Marriage life...I need an answer for this.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

Stress is the most common reason for this dysfunction. This problem can be treated. Good couple intimacy is the most important factor in correcting the problem.

This problem will go off once the mental stress is taken away.

You are very much eligible of getting married and fathering the kids.

Wishing you an early recovery.