Groin pain. Had cervical surgery and total hip replacement. Reason for pain, remedy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had cervical surgery 4 yrs ago c 4 thru 6 now the discs above it are crumbling what are my options? Also had total hip replacement feb of 2011 and am suffering with horrible groin pain and pain in my buttock
Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Since the cervical discs are crumbling again, surgery is the good option to prevent the nerve root compression.
However an individual assessment is necessary after a clinical examination and investigations like MRI. You can consult your orthopedician for the same.
Pain in groin and buttock after a total hip replacement can be due to neuropathic pain, XXXXXXX scarring (arthrofibrosis), loosening of the prosthesis, joint instability, postoperative stiffness, etc. A direct clinical examination and investigations like MRI and arthroscopy are needed to identify the exact cause. The treatment usually involves pain killers under guidance of a pain therapist, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, etc.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.