Groin and mons pubis pain after walking, worsens when coughing. Inflammatory pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
After spending the day doing a lot of walking I have developed pain in both groin and also mons pubis. If I stand and cough the mons pubis pain is worse. The groin pain has subsided. No pain when I am sitting but does occur if I squeeze my knees together. I have no back pain. Could this be inflammatory? I don't walk as much as I should. (I am a 62 yr old woman). No fever, sweats etc.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 51 minutes later
The pain you are having could be due to an overuse of your muscles and mild inflammation. This is likely to improve with adequate rest and mild pain killer like acetaminophen. Doing a hot fomentation will help in an early recovery.
You can also add calcium and vitamin D 3 supplements to your diet to avoid such recurrences.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Groin and mons pubis pain after walking, worsens when coughing. Inflammatory pain? 4 minutes later
What is a hot fomentation?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
A hot fomentation is same as a hot compress or a heat pad application. You can do that twice in a day. Applying a local analgesic gel in the area will also be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.