Greenish yellow vaginal discharge with mucus during pregnancy. Taken antibiotics for bacterial vaginosis
User rating for this question
i am 26 weeks pregnant, 4 weeks ago i was prescribed some antibiotics for bacteria vaginosis .....finished my course of med, but ive only just started losing greeny/yellow discharge and with some mucus . i have been wearing sanitary towels and sometimes it is brownish too , when i wipe it looks like snot :(
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.
In pregnancy, there is sometimes concern about discharge not only related to infection, but also in terms of an early change in the cervix itself. Signs of "changes in the cervix" might include: increased pressure, increased discharge, and blood tinging of the discharge (which might appear as a brownish discharge).
While what you are describing is likely a recurrent infection, it is worth getting it checked out with your OB/GYN. You are at a critical gestational age where determining that this is NOT an issue with your cervix would be very important. At the same time, a repeat culture could be obtained.
i hope this helps and good luck!
People also viewed
- Yellow vaginal discharge in pregnancy
- Bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy
- Reddish discharge from vagina
- Groin strain coughing
- Gross smell and taste when i cough
- Causes of yellow vaginal discharge
- Hacking cough night pregnancy
- Pale yellow vaginal discharge during detox
- Rid of hacking cough
- Rectalprolapse with watery discharge
- Slimy discharge from vagina
- Slimy yellow vaginal discharge
- Delayed periods yellow vaginal discharge pregnancy
- Grey tongue cough painful tongue
- String of vaginal discharge