Greenish yellow vaginal discharge with mucus during pregnancy. Taken antibiotics for bacterial vaginosis
User rating for this question
i am 26 weeks pregnant, 4 weeks ago i was prescribed some antibiotics for bacteria vaginosis .....finished my course of med, but ive only just started losing greeny/yellow discharge and with some mucus . i have been wearing sanitary towels and sometimes it is brownish too , when i wipe it looks like snot :(
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.
In pregnancy, there is sometimes concern about discharge not only related to infection, but also in terms of an early change in the cervix itself. Signs of "changes in the cervix" might include: increased pressure, increased discharge, and blood tinging of the discharge (which might appear as a brownish discharge).
While what you are describing is likely a recurrent infection, it is worth getting it checked out with your OB/GYN. You are at a critical gestational age where determining that this is NOT an issue with your cervix would be very important. At the same time, a repeat culture could be obtained.
i hope this helps and good luck!
People also viewed
- Yellow vaginal discharge in pregnancy
- Bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy
- Dark spots on labia minora after children
- Discolored spots on labia
- Polyps and nose piercing
- Polysistical ovarian disease
- Polymyositis dermatomyositis dizziness equalibrium
- Pimples on left side of face
- Causes of yellow vaginal discharge
- Downward curved cervix
- Pale yellow vaginal discharge during detox
- Pinched nerve 2 3 weeks
- Dark redbrown spot labia minora no pain or discomfort
- Do cervical polyp during pregnancy cause problems
- Delayed periods yellow vaginal discharge pregnancy