Green sticky stuff in ears

i have XXXXXXX sticky stuff in my ears
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 35 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

As you know, this type of discharge from the ear is not normal. This indicates that an infection is most likely present.

Infections can be caused by bacteria, fungus or viruses. In your case I suspect a bacterial infection. These usually respond very very well to a prescription antibiotic which comes in a liquid form and is applied directly into the ear canal.

I suggest you see your physician for a focused exam and consultation at which time a prescription may be provided to treat the infection. There are no over the counter remedies that I know of that would otherwise treat this.

Thanks again for the query. I hope this answer has served to be adequate and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga