Grandmal seizure, periods, legs hurt, fibromyalgia. Taken yaz, welbutrin, vyance, ambien. How can the periods and seizures be stopped?

hi my name is XXXXXXX i just turned 41. i had a grand maul seizure for the first time in my life on feb23. the day after (my birthday) i started my period. and i have been on a bleeding every day since with the exception of maybe 3 days of no blood when i pee only when i wipe the other times i have had to wear pads. my legs hurt m head really hurts in the frontal lobe.and i take Yaz and as im was on it for 6 months i never had a period and having PTSD and fibromyalgia i was happy to not have a period now it wont stop. is this period due to having the seizure or is the seizure due to hormonal changes in the body. i was also taking 450 mg of welbutrin,vyvance,xanax, zanaflex,and ambien daily due to my condition. i have since gotten off of ambien, and welbutrin and reduced the vyvanse. im concerned my period shows no signs of letting up and im so so tired all the time. i dont know who to ask where to start or what tests to request. what could be the trigger of my body out of wack ? i have heard of some women having unusual periods but mine have never been this bad. its rather anoying and someone mentioned to me i should talk to a dr about it because i could loose a significant amount of iron having a period for this lenth of time. i didnt know if the seizure and the long flow were related. what can i do to make it stop. im still on the yaz, zanaflex and vyvanse durign the day.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
There can be several causes for the long episode of bleeding that you have been experiencing. As I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a.     Do you have children? If yes, how many children do you have? What is the age of your children?
b.     Are your cycles regular? If yes, what is the length of the cycle and how many days do you bleed? If no, since how long have they been like this?
c.     Have you undergone a computerised tomography scan (CT scan) of the head for finding out a cause for your seizures?
However, the first step for you would be to get an ultrasonography and a thyroid profile done. Tranexamic acid will also be useful and help stop the treatment. However, the cause still remains to be determined and it is important that we get to the bottom of this.
Awaiting your reply