Grade one uterine cancer, hepatic hypodense lesion, ovarian lesion, no large lymph node or free fluid. CT scan analysis ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Need help with ct scan results. What does this mean? I have grade 1 uterine cancer. do any of the below finding show signs of cancer?

small 9 mm hepatic hypodense lesion too small for accurate characterization, may be related to cyst.

5.1 cm low density right ovarian/adnexal cystic lesion. A 2.9 cm hypodense left ovarian/adnexal lesion with measurements greater than fluid.

no large lymph node or free fluid
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 34 minutes later

Endometrial cancer is diagnosed after histopathology. CT scan only tells the external appearance of the lesion.

If this lesion is related to cancer, it can only be assessed after a biopsy.

The hypodense lesion in liver is more likely to be a benign lesion.

Both the ovaries show cysts which is consistent with your polycystic ovaries.

The findings of this CT scan are not likely to be suggestive of the endometrial cancer.

Presence of lymph nodes or free fluid in pelvic cavity suggests cancer, "but these are not found in your CT scan"

Stage 1 endometrial cancer means the cancer is confined within the uterus only and any changes in the distant organs like liver are not likely.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.